Hotel Transylvania is an awesome movie. Funny, somewhat scary, and with lots of interesting lessons to teach. Mr. Popper's penguins is an effective family movie, but the penguins are fantastic!
I. Watch the movie segment from the movie Hotel Transylvania about Dracula and his daughter, Mavis, and complete the blanks with can/can't and the verbs in parentheses.
1. Mavis __________ (crawl) up the walls.
2. Mavis ______________ (go) outside .
3. Dracula ______________ (play) the guitar.
4. Mavis and Dracula __________ (fly).
5. Dracula and Mavis ________________ (be) humans and bats.
5. Mavis _____________ (read).
7. Dracula ___________ (sing)
II. Which item in I CAN is not used for permission, not ability?
III. Guess what the penguins can do. Check the items you think they can.
1. __ Speak English
2. __ Walk
3. __ Run
4. __ Fly
5 __ Walk in line
6 __ Dance
7 __ Cross streets
8 __ Jump
IV. Watch the segment from the movie Mr. Popper's Penguins and check your answers.
V. Write 3 sentences saying what penguins can do and can't do.
Mavis can crawl up the walls.
Mavis can't go outside .
Dracula can play the guitar.
Mavis and Dracula can fly.
Dracula and Mavis can be humans and bats.
Mavis can't read.
Dracula can sing
II. # 2
Penguins can't speak English, fly and jump.